Hey guys, welcome to the official Plant Games – We’ve seen lots of claims on Pinterest / the internet that there are certain plant types that can live in absolutely zero light aka your bathroom that has no window – Also, um, science teacher from grade five like this is not what you taught me so I don’t get it – So we are going to take a bunch of plants and challenge them to a plant survivor challenge to see who can survive in zero sunlight and see if it’s possible – We’re gonna put them in our bathroom we’re gonna water them as much as they want to be watered but they’re gonna be in pretty much entire darkness, and this is gonna go on for a month – We’re gonna check in weekly and maybe do daily updates and I bet only some are gonna survive – Who will survive? – [ pu rum pum pum] tribal drums chattering Want to introduce our contestants? – Yes our official induction ceremony into the competition Spider Plant Welcome to Plant Games Fern Welcome to Plant Games Dracena Welcome to the Plant Games Snake Plant Welcome to the Plant Games Fittonia Welcome to the Plant Games Nephytis Butterfly Plant Games Zz, maybe odds be ever in your favor and Pothos Welcome to Plant Games So we have all of our contestants these are all the plants that Pinterest and the plant store claimed are indestructible – They’re going to camp on a secluded island far away from any sunlight and we will check in with them in a little bit – Welcome to the island this will be the campsite and currently the only thing surviving on this island are faux plants and dried plants although, they’re kind of cute but we want to see which live ones live – Contestants, this will be your home for the next 30 days – Will you live?
Will you survive? – Who will find out?
We will, actually [ ♫ ] All right, it’s Day 7, time to go check on the contestants – All right, let’s enter the camp How’s everybody doing? – Cool. Looking lively folks
– We’re doing okay so far we see a little bit of yellowing I don’t know if that was there before It’s the littlest yellow tips here. Do you see that? Fern is stayin’ alive even though it needs this unusual amount of water Snake is looking pretty good, too.
I think they’re doing pretty good Good work team! – Good work team! [ ♫ ] Day 14, we are midway through the competition – Hhmm – Some folks are holding up well, and others are starting to lose it Our nephytis butterfly is losing it’s wings – But this, like, piece is like actually sprouting so everything else seems like fine – I’m so very surprised!
– Me too! – Something seems wrong here all of these guys are going strong, 14 days without proper sunlight – Wow, I’m surprised! I thought we’d have some clear drop-offs in the beginning Players, I’m impressed! [ ♫ ] – Day 21 in the competition, we’re nearing the end and everyone’s surviving really well! – What the…??
– I really don’t know what to say…
– …there’s no… …this is the stupidest game ever! this is not even a game this is just like: let’s watch plants kind of grow and like lose some leaves but still they’re really doing fine! – Should we go check on them anyway? – Yeah… – Yeah *singing*
In the jungle, the mighty jungle – Uhmm…I mean… this one we saw was happening, but look! – I know, he’s like.. ” I’m sick of this island! ” – ” JK look at my suntan! ” – I just don’t understand!
– I’m so confused… – What are we doing right? How are they living off no sunlight?! like there’s literally zero sunlight in here! – I did not see this going this way honestly I probably thought we might have like two still standing like the ZZ and like the Snake or something… – And the only light bulb in here is this one and it is not like a grow light or anything special It’s pretty basic – And it gets turn on like for two seconds out of the day we have lights on in here right now,
– Film lights… but usually it’s just dark in here! – This one, like, I feel like hasn’t changed at all, and it’s really pretty too, right? – yeah – ugh, I’m sorry. I’m sorry that… …that this is going so well! – Competition is nearing the end, but we will check in next week – Maybe we’ll only have like two left but it doesn’t look likely [ ♫ ] So… – It’s Day 30, the end of the Palnt Games – It’s been a long month – We’ve come so far It’s time to go to the camp, and check on all the contestants and see who made it through and who survived – Spoiler alert: I think they did a pretty good job
– yeah – So, guys… really proud of you Snake is still going strong, Spider too, loving Fittonia, You’re pretty basic, but you’re cute too This I don’t… I don’t know, it’s ” why I’m here…it’s so ugly, can we not?” Pothos I feel like it’s doing a pretty good job Check it out those leaves coming out coming through ZZ had yellow from the beginning but it hasn’t gotten any worse so I think that’s just how ZZ likes to be and this fern, honestly it’s just like so messy, like look at this I think it’s like kind of taking a turn for the worse Look it, it’s falling everywhere! No, I’m not… I’m not proud of this fern So in summary… I am Like I did not I thinked we might have had like one winner at the end of this, and we have basically – A bunch of winners
– A bunch of winners! – Some sort of losers – But they all stayed on the island some of them, just got like really skinny and homesick while others thrived! – They got a nice suntan, they are living off the coconuts, they’ve built a nice shelter… The 4 plant winners were definitely the Pothos plant, that’s still growing more leaves as we speak – Yeah
– And it’s doing amazingly and the other one was our wild card – The Fittonia! I honestly had never really heard of fittonia before this is one of the ones that the plant store recommended that we pick up I think it’s such a cute plant too, like it’s really cute! So that one I was super happy with, and like will definitely be staying in the washroom The losers… I think would have to be the fern, because you just have to water it way too much it was starting to kind of die even though it received a lot of water and it also like, I feel like it shedded a lot
– It’s messy… – It was like messy look, there was a little bits of fern everywhere, I’m like: fern calm down!
I didn’t love the fern… – And the other one was the nephytis butterfly while it was growing it was also dying at the same rate so it just was like, half alive, half dead It is not cute…
– It was not cute! – We wouldn’t recommend it – But yeah, I was I seriously am so shocked though – If you guys have any insight or thought into why they did so well, let me know below – I mean amazon canopy, that’s like the only thing I know of, in the tropics I don’t know if they’re all tropical plants…
– Oh, amazon canopy! I thought this was a product you bought on Amazon! – Oh, yeah! By the way Becky, I’ve been watering the Amazon canopy.
– “The” amazon canopy, I’m like… – Yeah, like the tree coverage there is no light for those plants down there. So they’re used to humid and no light There’s something else I want to bring up This was in a bathroom that had lots of showers
– Yes – The person who lives here had lots of showers So I feel like if you had a powder room this could go way differently ’cause if those plants loved like the steam that they were getting like every other day then that could be a big difference! – I hope you guys enjoyed playing this little game show with us and our plant children and that you liked learning new stuff and trying new stuff with us let us know if you want to see more these kind of things – And it’s also plant week, if you guys didn’t know, so we did some plant DIYs on Tuesday we did a plant tour in our loft, everything but the bathroom! on Wednesday on our vlog Channel and then today
– Today – So, we love plants!
– All right well, thanks so much for checking out this Thursday’s video guys! – If you liked it, Like it! – And if you loved it, make sure you Sub it! – Goodbye!
– Bye! [ ♫ ]